IPsec VPN from 5.2 to 3.2.5

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IPsec VPN from 5.2 to 3.2.5

Can I create a IPsec VPN connection between a GB2000 with GBOS 5.2 and a GB1000 with GBOS 3.2.5?

We had a functional setup with a GB2000 with 3.7 and a GB1000 with 3.2.5. Our GB2000 had been experiencing intermitten hardware issues so we purchased a new GB2000. The configuration was copied over however the VPN did not work work, though all other config did work.

Is there a compatability issue between the two versions? Do we have to upgrade the GB1000 and if so to what minimum version?

Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

Originally posted by gentax View Post
    Can I create a IPsec VPN connection between a GB2000 with GBOS 5.2 and a GB1000 with GBOS 3.2.5?

We had a functional setup with a GB2000 with 3.7 and a GB1000 with 3.2.5. Our GB2000 had been experiencing intermitten hardware issues so we purchased a new GB2000. The configuration was copied over however the VPN did not work work, though all other config did work.

Is there a compatability issue between the two versions? Do we have to upgrade the GB1000 and if so to what minimum version?

Any help is appreciated. Thanks.
    Hello gentax,

The VPN IPsec tunnel should still work, even with a 3.2.5 firewall.

I would recommend verifying the configurations on the new system are what you expect them to be. There were significant changes to the configuration design of VPN IPSec tunnels between version 3.7.x and above.

Another thing to watch out for is the encryption method in versions prior to 3.5 (I believe) did not specify the AES that was used. In these version I believe it was AES 128. It later OS releases this was branched to include AES 128, 192, and 265.

Comment

We've done 5.x to 3.7 before no problems.

The only limitation I've hit is NAT-T support, which wasn't in 3.x version - which can create some architectural questions in some circumstances.

Comment

Working...
      X